I just downloaded a game called Assault Cube

Sam Kreimeyer skreimey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:00:16 MST 2011

Hello Mike,

I think the fastest way to open it will probably be through the
terminal (ctrl + alt + t for Gncome) and type in

assaultcube

If that's not the exact program name, you could find it with apropos.

apropos assault (should get you in the ballpark).

Otherwise, you can probably navigate to it by browsing your
applications. Ubuntu has a an icon to search for your applications on
the sidebar, if that's what you're using.

I don't think you need to do anything special as long as it was
installed correctly. I remember Assault Cube is a lot like
Counter-Strike, and it still has a pretty decent community. You might
also look at Tremulous. Graphics are old school, but that was a
genuinely fun game.