lshw

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 14:47:24 MST 2011

>From a reply to one of your earlier messages (I am catching up):

Try this Mike.  Since you seem to be running on a live CD, you probably
will not have the enter a password for the sudo.  But enter the following
commands
cd ~/Desktop
sudo lshw -short -C storage > lshw.txt
sudo lshw -short -C disk >> lshw.txt
sudo lshw -short -C volume >> lshw.txt
and tell us what results you get (they will be in the file lshw.txt which
will be on your desktop).  If you need to move them to another machine for
emailing, plug in a flash drive and copy the file to it.

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 10:41 AM, kitepilot at kitepilot.com <
kitepilot at kitepilot.com> wrote:

> lshw|less -S
> Enjoy...   :)
> ET
>
> Michael Havens writes:
>
>> I just found out about the command 'lshw' and I wanted to know if it sees
>> my hard drive. Unfortunately, I can not see it all..... the text scrolls
>> off of the screen. What is an option to make it pause after a screen of
>> text is written? I tried '-a' to '-z' but none of them worked.
>> --

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Also remove all of the addresses from the message body before
forwarding the message. These simple measures prevent spy programs from
capturing the addresses shown in the recipient list and the message body.