Brookings: CyberSecurity In the Balance - 2 New Bills

Sam Kreimeyer skreimey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 19:21:13 MST 2011

> The only successful exploits run from a script on a server run from leap
> frog access from a list of servers outside of the USA.
>
> Everyone else doing nepharious things is either interesting enough to just
> watch or on their way to jail.

Making a dishonest buck just isn't that easy nowadays, but that is
probably a good thing overall.

I would think that there would be such a massive amount of suspicious
data that the having the manpower required to investigate it all would
be infeasible. What scares me is the thought of potentially fallible
algorithms used to determine whom the bad guys are, especially when
some members of law enforcement play fast and loose with due process
for high-profile targets.