Brookings: CyberSecurity In the Balance - 2 New Bills SOPA/PIP

Sam Kreimeyer skreimey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:36:14 MST 2011

I miss you guys too! I've yet to find anything quite as good as PLUG here
in Little Rock.

I commented that I am glad to see these proposals opposed from a technical
perspective because from a moral and legal perspective, they are a pretty
clear violation of our rights. Regrettably, I see that such violations are
often overlooked. As far as I can tell, most opposition falls on deaf ears.
We have a debate and side with the more draconian controls, regardless of
the arguments delivered.

Derek,

Sometimes I wonder if Google is attempting to shape traffic in that fashion
already. Though you make a good point. If an information source did go on
the blacklist, who would notice, other than DNS server admins (and only if
they were inclined to examine the list in the first place)?