Migrating to Mac

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:05:01 MST 2011

Yes you can.  Will you have the Virtual machine server already running on
the Apple? Or will we need to do that as well.  It would probably help if
you had your existing /home or /home/<user>/ available on an external
drive.  Your existing userid, password, and user id number from the Dell
could also be handy.  Or just bring the Dell with you.

And there are regular Installfest scheduled.  But the one Thanksgiving
weekend is postponed to Dec 3 and the one for new Years Eve day is
canceled.  That is done every year as the last Saturdays of November and
December are always in conflict with people's holiday plans.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Trent Shipley <tshipley at deru.com> wrote:

> It seemed like the drive on my old Dell running Ubuntu 10.10 was dying, so
> I got a new Apple Mac.  I also have a copy of VMware Fusion 4 that I have
> yet to install.  I want to migrate as much of my Ubuntu machine as possible
> (and my home directory at a minimum) to an Ubuntu guest machine on the new
> Mac.
>
> There don't seem to be any regular Installfests scheduled anymore.  Could
> I get help with this at the Server Installfest scheduled for 2011-11-19?

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please use Bcc: Please protect my address like I protect yours. This is
very important. When sending messages to more than one recipient, please
always use the Bcc (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or Cc (carbon copy). If
you do not know how to set it up, ask around.  Do not forget to remove all
of the addresses that are present in the message body before forwarding the
message. These simple measures will prevent spy programs from capturing all
of the addresses that are shown in the recipient list and in the body of
the message.