Anybody need 3.5" diskettes

Robert N. Eaton Motheaton28 at aol.com
Tue Nov 15 02:28:33 MST 2011

On 11/14/2011 9:38 PM, Derek Trotter wrote:
> I thought floppy diskettes of any size had joined rotary dial
> telephones, typewriters, mechanical tv tuners, cassette tapes, car
> radios with pushbutton presets, vacuum tubes, and windup alarm
> clocks.  Of course I could be wrong.
>
> On 11/14/2011 03:21 PM, joe at actionline.com wrote:
>> Anybody have a need for 3.5" diskettes?
>>
>> Or some nifty expandable diskette holders as shown here:
>>
>> http://www.UpQuick.com/temp/mediamate.jpg
>>
>> If so, please make offer.

Hey! Vacuum tubes haven't entirely disappeared. I have a modern stereo
set which uses entirely vacuum tube amplification from the moving coil
cartridge pre-pre-amp to the control pre-amp to the two power amps.

I must admit that to the best of my knowledge no vacuum tubes are made
in America, Britain, or Western Europe. Think Soviet Bloc.

Because Russia and China could not compete with the West in solid state
electronics, and because vacuum tubes were not nearly as sensitive to
massive magnetodynamic events (atomic and hydrogen bombs) the Soviets
went right along making vacuum tubes. This to the delight of us
reactionary curmudgeons who enjoy REAL high fidelity.

RNE