who would I have to contact to have a printer driver made?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:05:08 MST 2011

Look at these:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10009022#post10009022
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=79277&p=477292
http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2011/06/download-install-canon-printer-driver.html

Hopefully they will be of some help.  I noticed someone posted that the
IP2700 was pretty cheap on eBay and worked by default in Linux.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Technomage Hawke <
technomage.hawke at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok, I think the subject says it all.
>
> the printer: canon pixma ip2600 inkjet printer.
>
> there used to be a ppd and a package for this printer, but it  seems to
> have dropped from sight after kernel 2.4.
> I tried getting hold of someone at canon and have gotten no response.
>
> this is a nice $30 printer and works well with windows, but without linux
> support, its a pain to have to save files to be printed to a windows
> machine and then print from there.
>
> anyone know of the dev team for printer support?
>
> -eric

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson