OT: newegg alternatives

Technomage Hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 12:28:12 MST 2011

then the developers of javascript need to consider accessibility as a priority item. there are more than 14 million visually impaired people in the U.S. alone. a significant percentage of that are on the net and iusing accessibility technology. roadblocks such as javascript or flash graphics prevent those like me from accessing useful information, or require we hire (or acquire) sighted assistants.

also, any excuses that developers give for not adding accessibility fall flat or are just simply wrong. I have seen more excuses about this very subject than I care to count. you would figure that these guys have read the w3c addendum about accessibility on the web.

-eric