OT: Asus 1201 netbook $200 OBO

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Wed Nov 2 14:13:06 MST 2011

.
A couple months ago, in response to my request for info about anyone's
experience with the Asus 1201 netbook, Tom Ostlund offered his for $200.

I bought it for my wife. It is a very nice, very light-weight unit ... but
it turns out that my wife has decided to stick with her Thinkpad. So, I've
decided to sell the 1201. It weighs less than 3 pounds,

Before putting it on Craigslist, thought I'd offer it here first.

Joe (at) Actionline.com -- or call 480-325-5055

See photos here:
- - - http://www.upquick.com/temp/asus1201b.jpg back/lid view
- - - http://www.upquick.com/temp/asus1201f.jpg front view

Specs: Laptop PC with ultra mobility and versatility.
- 1.6GHz Intel Atom N330 Dual-Core CPU -- 2GB RAM
- nVIDIA ION Graphics -- full sized keyboard
- 12.1" LED Backlit 16:9 Widescreen Display 1366 x 768 (720p native)
- Tom replaced the HD with 40-Gig Solid State Drive
- Integrated Camera and Microphone
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 6-Cell Battery (63Wh)

I tried installing several different Linux distros for my wife.
It currently has PCLinux LXDE version ... but my wife prefers
an older PCLinxOS version that she has on her Thinkpad.