How to convert cr2 (raw) image format to jpg?

AZ Pete plug at cactusfamily.com
Tue Nov 1 21:41:37 MST 2011

Hi,

I do amateur phototaography and thought I'd chime in. Since your daughter is well versed with Canon RAW files I suspect she's using tools such as Adobe Photoshop and perhaps Canon RAW converter utilities. However, since she doesn't have access to her usual tools, she can use irfanview (www.irfanview.com). It's windows based freeware image display and converter application. When I want to do quick and dirty RAW conversions in batch, I use this.
Basically, it's the VLC of the image world, it'll display pretty much any image format in existence.  Unfortunately, it's only Windows based. If you're running only Linux, perhaps you can get it running via Wine.

Hope this helps.
Peter