Linux From Scratch

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu May 19 12:45:45 MST 2011

I built a (humble) sort-of-kindda "dpkg" system for LFS.
It allows me to build "development" and "production" packages, and can be
installed (by some knowledgeable folks) from (again by some knowledgeable
folks) a "simple" script.

It also has the capability to replicate itself and (not straight forward but
included in the features) upgrade itself.

The project is kind of dormant because I am in Alaska teaching bush pilots
(DREAM!!!) and I've been happily busy, also the tornadoes around my house a
few weeks ago didn't make my life any easier.

I am at a stage where I am testing the "provisioning" script (to create a
new machine), and then it should be usable.

Also, the end result of a "debug" install, is a box that mirrors to the bite
a "book built LFS" plus it has an extra directory for all the packages.

If anyone can use it (and I need it myself) I'll crank it up again.
ET