visualization question

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 09:08:38 MST 2011

You need to either bridge your host interface or route through your host.

When you say you set up your guest on another IP, is that a different host
on the same subnet?  Or a completely different subnet.

If same subnet, bridge your host.

If different subnets you host needs to route.

Not sure how to do this on windows host, but hopefully it will point you to
the proper place in the documentation.

Kevin
On May 7, 2011 9:39 PM, "keith smith" <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Setup vbox on XP loaded CentOS 5.6 set IP different than host.  Can ping
IP of vertual server from command line of self.  Cannot ping from outside.

> Any help appreciated!

> Keith Smith

networking so that it has an IP on your physical network for simple access.

> On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 4:00 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>

> I'm running XP on a dell box and was wondering if I can install
visualization on top of that, install CentOS, and have both running at the
same time with the XP being a client and the CentOS being a LAMP server.
I'd like to access the docroot crom the XP box.