Global Menu in Unity

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed May 4 23:35:41 MST 2011

I am trying to get used to Unity.  The "feature" that probably bothers me
the most is the Global Menu.  I seldom run any window maximized except on my
netboot and most often I have more than one window open in a given
workspace.  So having the menus for an application be remote from the window
in winch it is running is quite disturbing and not in ANY way useful.  There
was a way to turn global menus off during beta.
http://www.webupd8.org/2011/03/disable-appmenu-global-menu-in-ubuntu.htmlbut
that does not seem to be working on the released natty.

Has anyone found a way to turn off the bloody global menu that still works?
--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson