Aleutia's and Other Mini-ITX Linux friendly hardware

gm5729 gm5729 at CryptoHeaven.com
Tue Mar 15 12:21:27 MST 2011

http://www.aleutia.com/products

I have been for the past year making a personal major shift over to Flash storage and Mini-ITX boards because of carbon footprints. I have a Zotac box which has been running great after I did it's initial flash. I had to take off the back plate and slip it into it's VESA mount holder. Temps dropped over 20C doing that so now they are at ~ 40C. Otherwise Kingston's SSD; 70C max temp was being hit. I didn't want a complete meltdown.

I found this manufacturer last night. The have some relatively competitive pricing, (~200#) for what these boxen do. I think they are stocked or can be shipped to the USA. The reason I'm putting up is because not only are they made to run in a production ambient environment at extreme temps for operation/dust (~40C), but they also can be made to run on solar power. These are all Atoms, single and dual with NV ION. Which I know is now aged, and I think Lenovo now leads the way in it's new X102E Fusion machines.  This manufacturer has the option of stock Ubuntu load.

Does anyone else know of Mini-ITX offerings around the $200-250 price point with no Linux issues? FitPC I know about, and like the aluminum concept for heat dispersal.

---

gk
GPG -- C0380672

http://gm5729.blogspot.com/
Please use my Secure HIPPA, GLBA and PIPEDA compliant Web Gateway if you initiate an email communication to me and  you don't have an account with this email service. The link to this Gateway is on my Google Blogspot. The ability to include attachments is also possible.

---
Secure Reply (option enabled):
http://www.CryptoHeaven.com/ch/web-mail.jsp?uId=3537572&subject=Re%3A+Aleutia%27s+and+Other+Mini-ITX+Linux+friendly+hardware&fromName=plug-discuss&fromEmail=plug-discuss%40lists.plug.phoenix.az.us