OT Cell Phone Contacts

gm5729 gm5729 at CryptoHeaven.com
Tue Mar 8 12:05:40 MST 2011

1. O.T.  Cell Phone Contacts (mike enriquez)
   2. Re: O.T. Cell Phone Contacts (Stephen)
   3. Re: O.T. Cell Phone Contacts (der.hans)
   4. RE: O.T.  Cell Phone Contacts (Bob Elzer)
   5. Re: O.T. Cell Phone Contacts (Ralph Ostrander)
   6. Re: O.T. Cell Phone Contacts (Nathan England)
   7. OT: Looking for Drupal Skills (keith smith)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 15:56:51 -0700
From: mike enriquez <mylinux at cox.net>
To: Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Subject: O.T.  Cell Phone Contacts

Does anyone on the list know if any of the cell phones out there have
contact managers that will work with a computer contact manager.
It seems like every time,  I change cell phones I cannot carry my
contacts to my new cell phone.

Linux contact managers are fine or I can also try those other guy in
Redmond.

Thanks
Mike Enriquez

Esssentially Linux... Use Google Mobile. Keep all your contacts in Gmail/Voice, SAVE them! It's easy CSV format, so is calendar as ICAP.

My Motorola uses Blur, Crackberries have BBM with Mobile, and Pixi uses Mobile also fine. I personally didn't like the last two options but YMMV. HOWEVER, if you don't like the Google route. Use MotoBlur and that uploads all your contacts to its servers. If you lose your phone. They are supposed to be easy to regenerate/repopulate kind of like Google Mobile does.

gk

---
Secure Reply (option enabled):
http://www.CryptoHeaven.com/ch/web-mail.jsp?uId=3537572&subject=Re%3A+Re%3A+OT+Cell+Phone+Contacts&fromName=plug-discuss&fromEmail=plug-discuss%40lists.plug.phoenix.az.us