web conference

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Mar 4 15:09:06 MST 2011

Am 04. Mar, 2011 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

> Setup your own video and voice conferencing server.
>
> http://bigbluebutton.org is dead easy to set up.

Found hosting for it.

http://www.genericconf.com/en/articles/compare-features

http://groups.google.com/group/bigbluebutton-dev/browse_thread/thread/3d5eadb2ff583d80/48b30de011ab5b6e

I pointed that out to the vendor, then followed up with mentions of Yugma,
Vyew and WebEx.

> http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/ is more manual to set up and I
> have not used it yet.  Demo videos look nice.

Also played with embedded moodle demo for OpenMeetings. Worked pretty well
even with 3 streams all coming from my house.

ciao,

der.hans
#  ABLEconf - 2011Apr02 - Free Software for Free Enterprise
#  "It is appallingly obvious that our technology exceeds our humanity."
#   -- Einstein