MSN Messenger

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:43:44 MST 2011

On 03/04/2011 12:24 PM, Eric - A wrote:
> I am using the Empathy client for my instant messengers, but MSN won't link up. Under the setup I see it's trying to link to *messenger.hotmail.com* and I'm wondering if this will be wrong since MSN went to live messenger. if so, how do I get it to work if at all. all my other accounts work fine in Empathy.
I too use empathy for messaging, and my MSN also is configured to
messenger.hotmail.com.  Mine works fine, but I did have trouble with it
last week.  Apparently my password got hacked, and they froze my
account.  Once I logged in via the web, it told me, but empathy just
said it would not connect (as did my Android phone).  Once I changed the
password, it started working again.  So, I would try logging in via the
website just to make sure M$ did not do something funky with your account.

HTH
Kevin