Programming to take advantage of multi core processors with PHP

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 10:18:33 MST 2011

I was reading on computers and phones having multiple cores and programming for multiple cores - http://www.linux-mag.com/id/8274/ .  The 2nd to the last paragraph starts with "If you write software, you should be paying close attention to this trend.".

That got me to thinking about how to do so with PHP.

Anyone writing PHP code to take advantage of multiple cores?  Or is this even necessary?

Keith Smith

2 Chronicles 7:14 (New International) : if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.