SCaLE9x redux

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Mar 2 11:56:26 MST 2011

Am 02. Mar, 2011 schwätzte Taylor, Kaia so:

> I'm totally stoked from SCaLE. I spent all day Friday at devOps, and
> think that from there I can start helping my team to change our self
> image in a way that makes more money for the company.
> Hans, Leigh Honeywell's keynote on hackerspaces was great.

Hers is one of the talks I want to check out.

> What I would really like instead of video is a copy of slides from the

I believe the videos will include the slides as they were used during the
presentation.

Ilan says they're working on getting the presentations available. I guess
they need to change some things to go from live to archived.

> presentations, but all there is on the SCaLE site is video of the talks.
> I did find one of the slide sets here:
> http://www.slideshare.net/kitplummer/quality-assurance-in-a-devops-world
> And have followed up with a couple other devOps presenters about their
> slides.  I was told that it may take a few days before the slides are
> posted.

Which devops talks do you recommend?

> While looking for slides, I noted more good slide sets at
> http://www.slideshare.net .  I really like that site and would welcome
> others' URLs to any other good stuff there.

slideshare sucks. Maybe it's requiring cookies to change slides or
something. I think I've experimented with allowing both cookies and
javascript, but it won't let me view the slides.

Sites that require cookies to view them are broken. Sites that require 3rd
party cookies or 3rd party javascript to work are a waste of electricity.

ciao,

der.hans
#  ABLEconf - 2011Apr02 - Free Software for Free Enterprise
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
#  stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it. -- Linus Torvalds