How to access a server http port 80 with port forwarding behind a router but require a password

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Jun 30 17:36:03 MST 2011

If you just don't want you web server to show up at all, I think that I
would just use port knocking.  This won't truly secure your information
as someone would be able to figure out your knock sequence by just
listening in on the traffic goinging to your machine, but if your after
hiding it more than securing it, it's a great way to go, and most likely
nobody will be listing anyway.

Brian