DefCon for kids

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Tue Jun 28 20:43:11 MST 2011

I am of the opinion that science is not always correct, regardless of how
much "study" has been done. Science telling me that the human brain is not
capable of making a decision without considering the consequences of the
decision, yet all our known life came from some primordial ooze, or all
existing matter came about through a one in a billion random chance big
bang, only proves to me that science is not always right. More like the
science is created to cater to someone's agenda.

I specifically remember as a young child considering the consequences of my
actions. Of course, I was also "spanked" as a child! oh no! someone call Dr.
Spock! I think in reality we are trying to make these punk adolescents feel
better by telling them it is not their faults, in order for a baby boomer
society to make up for a lack of discipline in their homes while raising
their children.

just my .02

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Eric Cope <eric.cope at gmail.com> wrote:

> There was a book published with the last few years talking about adolescent
> decision making. Adolescents have different value systems making their
> decisions look poor from adults point of view, but actually quite rational.
> It's was titled "the case against adolescence".
>
> Eric
>

> On Jun 28, 2011, at 7:19 PM, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Lee Reynolds < <Lee.Reynolds at asu.edu>
> Lee.Reynolds at asu.edu> wrote:
> > The human brain doesn't recognize consequences until age 25?
> >
> > That sounds like a bunch of nonsense to me, the kind of stuff that is
> used to make excuses for adults acting like overgrown adolescents.  Perhaps
> the issue is not a matter of neurological development, but a matter of
> parents allowing their grown children to persist in a child-like state until
> they are almost 30.  I'm only 38 myself, but I do remember the days when
> growing up meant you grew up.  Maybe you went off to college, maybe you
> joined the military, maybe you lived with your folks but paid serious rent
> while attending college close to home.  But whatever you did, you were
> expected to be an adult, not a child.  Today many people in their early 20's
> are still living with mom and dad as if high school never ended.  Allowing
> someone to persist in that kind of a cocoon is a great way to wind up with
> someone who at first glance does not appear to understand consequences, when
> in truth they've simply never had to function in life as a normal adult.
> >
> > </rant_mode=off>
>

> I am not sure if it would be called "junk" but it's neuroscience backed up
> by long behavioral studies and statistics, as well as imaging.
>

> <http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=consequences+brain+age+25&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1df85bb4ccbea692&biw=900&bih=330>
> http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=consequences+brain+age+25&aq=f&aqi=&aql=f&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1df85bb4ccbea692&biw=900&bih=330
>
> > Lee Reynolds
> > Tech Support Analyst Sr
> > ASU Advanced Computing Center
> > GWC-178
> >
> > 480.965.9460 (Office)
> > 480.458.7434 (Mobile)
> >
> > Have an A2C2 related question or problem?
> >
> > Just send an email to the following address detailing
> > the nature of the question or problem and a service request
> > will be created automatically:
> >
> > <support at hpchelp.asu.edu>support at hpchelp.asu.edu

Nathan England
I believe in the Constitution and the 4th Amendment. I am innocent and have
nothing to hide, but NO agent of the state crosses my threshhold without a
valid warrant signed by a judge and properly submitted. If we fail to
exercise our rights, we lose them.