Linux and VMWare?

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 18:30:53 MST 2011

Well, it's a good environment to get your hands dirty, but it's not quite the same since it's entirely virtualized.  There are quite a few things you can't do in a virtualized session such as virtualization technologies.

If you just want to fiddle with it to touch it, you're fine.  If you want to learn about operating it on a computer, it's not.

--Dan