stupid perl question

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Thu Jun 23 16:34:15 MST 2011

From: "Steven A. DuChene" <linux-clusters at mindspring.com>
> I really didn't think something like this would be that hard in perl. :-)

use File::Tail;
$file = File::Tail->new(
name=>"/home/mhgraham/bin/power_input_stuff.txt",
maxinterval=>5,
interval=>1,
tail=>-1
);
while (defined(my $line = $file->read)) {
    print $line;
}

The defaults are much longer than impatient people who are trying to write
stuff quickly may think :-)  If you set them up as in the above, it should
take only a bit of time to see stuff show up.  The defaults?  Well, 10 or 20
seconds, if not longer.  So:  "perldoc File::Tail" and find all the parameters
and set them up appropriately for your thing....

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows