Rackspace email & DNS

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Wed Jun 22 06:13:12 MST 2011

On 06/18/2011 08:29 AM, keith smith wrote:
> I agree.  I enjoyed installing and configuring Qmail Toaster.  However I
> have lots of other things that demand my time.  It's not feasible for me
> to run a mail server - would be a lot of fun though.  There are other
> considerations as well.

I've had a QmailToaster running for 5+ years now. While I'm involved
with the community (which does take time), I don't think it really takes
much (if any) time or effort to 'run' QMT. Once it's set up (which can
be in in a matter of just a couple hours), it pretty much runs itself.
While there are periodic software upgrades that should be done, but that
is minimal.

The QMT community has made a lot of progress making it easy to host your
own mail server. If anyone is so inclined, I'd encourage you to give it
a try. There is strong community support as well if you need a hand with
anything.

--
-Eric 'shubes'