ssh question

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Fri Jun 17 06:23:56 MST 2011

A connection timed out usually occurs due to:
1) The ip address has no host (ping the same IP address, then use telnet to connect to port 22)
2) tcp wrappers is dropping the connection (check /et/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny on lapdog3)
3) the firewall on lapdog3 is dropping the connection (check the firewall configuration on lapdog3 via iptables-save or ufw status)
4) SSHD is not on port 22 or dropping connections (check sshd configuration on lapdog3)