event space @ maker bench tempe, computer donation?

Technomage Hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 02:06:56 MST 2011

5 minutes? ok if someone doesn't mind meeting me at the stop. I do not know that area and navigation without a talking GPS is murder. also, I am clear out at 83rd ave., and it would take more than 1 hour and 30 minutes just get there. sorry if I sound like I am complaining, but I am still getting used to the idea of being totally blind and my confidence for navigation in new areas is at a bare minimum.

also, I find myself in need of a new portable. my last one (nac powerbook G3) overheated (unsupported device problem) and burned up the logic board. so much for linux on older hardware. :( I feel so ashmed to have to ask for charity but here I am. I just wish I had work so I could pay for a new unit but until VR gets off its collective butt, I am rather stuck. screen size to me doesn't matter but I cannot work with small keyboards. I tend to fat finger things on those. any assistance from the group would be greatly appreciated.

-Eric