Request for Presentation

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:00:41 MST 2011

I'd like to see this on the East side if possible.  The Topic would be
something like "Common User Configuring the Firewall".  My preference would
be Ubuntu Orientation if it makes any difference.  I would hope this could
use some GUI tool and be aimed at telling a common user when to want/need an
active firewall and when it should not be required and how to configure it
in terms they would understand.  I know I find many of the online guides
less than ideal.

BTW, the following is a reply I sent to an installfest user we installed
last December who asked me if PLUG might do such a presentation he could
attend:

That is something I would like to see as well because there are *so
many*different ways to do it and many require a deep understanding of
networking

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson