ubuntu host web access is slower than windows guest vm

James Crawford jrefl5 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 08:23:25 MST 2011

<quote>
> >  search example.com
> >  nameserver 1.2.3.4
> >  nameserver 5.6.7.8

dig crow202.org 1.2.3.4>>  131 ms response
dig crow202.org 5.6.7.8>>  75 ms response

I'd never heard of the dig command before, and both seems to have use the
8.8.8.8 nameserver. I was hoping to check each nameserver this way, but I',
not sure I'm doing it right. I looked up the command and tried using like
this dig [nameserver] [record] as in dig 8.8.4.4 crow202.org, but it still
seems to use the 8.8.8.8 nameserver.

dig crow202.org 8.8.8.8>>  49 ms
  </quote>

Dazed_75 aka Larry put together a script that does dig request to various name servers you might be able to get him to repost it.

James C.