Sysadmin Appreciation Day TOYS Friday July 29

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 08:42:08 MST 2011

Wow!  I could have used some of that stuff "back in the day".  The rubber
band gun looks really cool, but kind of wimpy too.  We used to take 6 of
those 1/2" wide by 5" long rubber bands to make a sling (2 bands wide and 3
long) to shoot those rubber grommets used to hold the tape into computer
tape reels at each other.  I could leave a welt from 15' away.

For those kids who do not remember such things the grommets were made of
very dense foam rubber and were about 1"x1/2"x1/4".  We used them by wedging
them into the tape reel to keep the tape from unraveling.  Our battle area
was the entire computer room and related storage area (call it 2/3 of a
floor of a building a block long).

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Lisa Kachold <lisakachold at obnosis.com>wrote:

> The last Friday in July is Sysadmin Appreciation Day<http://www.sysadminday.com/>
> !
>
> Enough already with simple "Thanks" and godlike adoration!
> This year we Sysadmins deserve TOYS!
>
> Take advantage of your cubicle city:
> http://www.x-tremegeek.com/office/cubicle-warfare.html
>
> Nerf Darts:
> http://www.hasbro.com/nerf/en_US/darttag/
>
> Rubber band blasters:
> http://www.x-tremegeek.com/colt-derringer-rubberband-gun.html
>
> Cheap Wallet Lockpicking Tools:
> http://www.idealcreations.net/ls06.htm
>

> Chances are we will have to spoil ourselves, yet again, with FREE Toys:
> https://www.defcon.org/html/links/dc-tools.html
>
> Happy Sysadmin Appreciation Day!
> --
> Hackfest with PLUG for more:
> **http://Hackfest.Obnosis.com
> 3rd Saturday Gangplankhq.com Noon-3PM
> 2nd Saturday MakerBench 3PM-6PM

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson