OT: How to use html form input to append input to a file?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Tue Jul 26 13:42:30 MST 2011

A few days ago, I submitted the subject question to PLUG:

Still don't have a working solution, and have not yet been able to find a
work-for-hire quote. With further searching, I found this:

http://www.howtoplaza.com/save-web-form-data-text-file

And from the suggestions there, I created these three files:
1) "formdata.txt" -- containing Name,Email
2) "process-form-data.php" containing this code:

<?php
$name = $_POST['name'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$fp = fopen("formdata.txt", "a");
$savestring = $name . "," . $email . "n";
fwrite($fp, $savestring);
fclose($fp);
echo "Your data has been saved in a text file.>";
?>

3) "input-text.htm" containing this code:

<form name=webform id=webform method=post action=process-form-data.php>
Name: <input type=text name=name id=name> <br>
Email: <input type=text name=email id=email> <br>
<input type=submit name=s1 id=s1 value=Submit></form>

When I try to run it, it just displays the php code
and I see these messages repeated several times:

QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a paintEvent
QPainter::translate: Painter not active
QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active
QPainter::font: Painter not active
QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
QPainter::worldTransform: Painter not active
QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected
QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected

What do I need to do to get this to work?