Google Search Restriction

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Jul 18 15:38:18 MST 2011

Am 18. Jul, 2011 schwätzte Dazed_75 so:

moin moin Larry,

> Does anyone know a way to set a default or to specify search results be
> restricted to, say, the last year WITHOUT having to go to Advanced Search
> every time.  I am REALLY tired of search results for Linux that are so far
> out of time as to be too often useless.

Check for Firefox plugins that will allow you to set some defaults
client-side. I think LifeHacker has one. It's a GreaseMonkey script.

You might also be able to specify it in the URL for the search box, so you
could add a specific search to your search box options in Firefox.

There are also probably ways to do it via google accounts if you login and
allow google cookies.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "But you could teach these skills to a high-school student, and you could
#  probably teach them to an artist."  -- Richard Roberts