Is it possible to extract the root password from the file system?

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Sun Jul 17 23:26:49 MST 2011

I was not saying you knew the root password just that you knew a
password and a corresponding hash to said password and the root hash
JTR should be able to get you the correct root password.

Sent from my mobile device