applet clock & ext hdd

betty nicepenguin at webcanine.com
Sat Jul 16 19:21:27 MST 2011

Looking for a nice digital clock, can be time and date or just time; to
reside in the panel. Don't see that 'time and date' that come with
ubuntu make anything readable on a glance. Also looked at wmtime and
aclock. Not impressed; any suggestions?

Looking to get a new ext hdd for backup. (currently using an old 5 1/4
wd hdd in a box w/fan)  looking at 1 TB or 0.5 TB. My whole home folder
is only 32 GB. I use rsync to back up. (please don't suggest something
else because i am old and i am comfortable with this; think - 'mom' . So
the question is, how to partition the hdd.(and what is a good one to
get)  should i make a bunch of little (50GB) partitions that i just
rotate as i do backups? Since that seems like the most obvious and
easiest to me, i know it must not be correct. :)

Thanks once again for all the help. Virtual cookies and ice cream to all !!

--
betty i.
www.webcanine.com