Need Help with Wireless Networking on a New Install of Ubuntu 11.04

leegold at speedymail.org leegold at speedymail.org
Sun Jul 10 14:09:24 MST 2011

Have you tried black listing the linux driver and using the windows
driver for the wireless interface I assume wlan0 for the builtin
interface. External (ie usb) are usually wlan1...Try the win98 driver
first (an ME driver might wok too). Install  ndisgtk  from Synaptic. Get
a folder with the win98 (or try next ME or XP) drivers. If there's a
linux driver already running you might have to blacklist it and I guess
restart.

Scan this:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper

How to blacklist a driver:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/avoid-linux-kernel-module-driver-autoloading.html

---

If nothing works then you're guaranteed to get wifi with an ethernet to
wireless bridge gadget, but that shouldn't be necessary.