securing a system

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Jul 9 00:26:07 MST 2011

Please join us at Maker Bench in Tempe for our first presentation at the new
location on *Linux Attack Vectors*.  As always this is a full-duplex linux
event with welcome participation from Linux Community.   We will follow up
with hands on analysis of individual machines, so bring anything with a
kernel that you might you want us to check out.

Please update your hackfest schedule to include our new Tempe location and
time on the 2nd Saturday of every month 3PM - 6PM.

Please see http://plug.phoenix.az.us <http://phoenix.plug.az.us/> site
schedule also.

An example complete schedule also appears at http://hackfest.obnosis.com:

Excerpt:

Monthly security presentation labs, with open community participation occur
every month on the Second Saturday in Tempe at the Maker
Bench<http://www.makerbench.com/?page_id=1202>(3-6PM) and Third
Saturdays (Noon-3PM) in Chandler at
Ganglplankhq.com. <http://ganglplankhq.com./>

This interactive lab and presentation format covers industry news, specific
protection issues in linux, ongoing industry tool development, RFC scripts,
exploits & net neutrality.

Ethical and legal, as well as liability aspects of security testing are
covered as we investigate the strange world of computer insecurity from our
portly Penguin perspectives.

Hackfests are specially scheduled demonstrations that include open member
participation hacking, cracking, exploits and IDS.
Hackfests are open encroachment events with designated targets.

We also provide information and tools to modify cable modems for DOCSIS 2.0
JTAG to USB and no-solder pin.

Hack test your installations, networks, and program source using Linux
Security distro tools.

2nd Saturday 3-6PM Tempe meeting facilities generously provided by
MakerBench <http://www.makerbench.com/?page_id=1202>.

3rd Saturday Noon-3PM meeting facilities generously provided by
Gangplankhq.com <http://gangplankhq.com/> in Chandler.

Plan on being able to use live CDs, or USB jump drives to follow along, if
you bring your laptop and targets are announced. Since we have a VMware
Server, you can pre-request a specific target or make arrangements to have
your code ported to one of our virtuals and hit with Metasploit or Rapid 7
Community edition.  Open network access is unlimited (with "play nice"
rules).

Feel free to call or email me if you get lost or have questions.

(602) 791-8002  Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice
**