Looking for NAS Hardware Recommendations

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Fri Jul 8 16:03:50 MST 2011

I am now the proud owner of a Buffalo Technology LinkStation Duo 2 TB (2 x 1
TB) Network Attached Storage LS-WX2.0TL/R1.....The only way I seem to be
able to access it out of the box is using ftp to save files from my Linux
boxes. I can get to the web admin screens just fine.

Do I have to root the device to use it as a backup server for my Linux
boxes? I was hoping to automate my backups using backuppc, but I now
discover that I either need to run this box using NFS or install backuppc on
the box itself.

I also can't seem to get it into RAID1 mode.....the setup/user manual
procedure does not seem to work.  I posted to the buffalo support forums and
I am waiting for a response.

Thanks for any suggestions for (1) how to automate backups from 'nix boxes
to this device and how to get RAID1 working.

Mark