Zone Edit MX record config.

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Jul 8 14:28:49 MST 2011

It's not all that important but it looks nice.

All that is really required for the mail rfc is a forward and reverse that
matches the static ip.

If you really want to look nice, rather than getting your address as the
reverse IP of your upstream, you can request your whole subnet be configured
for your DNS.   Of course this depends on your provider(s).

Most really large companies with a class C for instance don't want to look
like they originate at Verio for instance.

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok,  Thank you - the additional A record you recommended is what I needed
> to create mail.domain.tld which opens the mail server's control panel.
>

> I think the only other thing I need to figure out is the reverse look up.
> You said "Be sure that if you need reverse DNS that varies from whoever
> provides your CIDR block, your upstream provides and allows that also.".
>
> How can I test this and I'm not sure how to create a reverse look up.
>
> Thanks again for all your help!

> Keith Smith

(602) 791-8002  Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype