WAP Recommendations

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Jul 6 12:20:17 MST 2011

Hello Hello,

I currently am using a Netgear WG602 wireless ap with a 4' omni antenna
mounted outside. The wap seems to be failing as it needs a power cycle at
least once a day, sometimes twice. I am interested in a new device that is
dd-wrt compatible, detachable antenna, and a built-in amplifier would be
nice as well, but not a must. Because of the antenna the detachable part is
a must. Recommendations? I also have a Linksys e2000 running dd-wrt with the
antennas disabled which handles my routing, so I don't need a router, only
an AP, though routers with detachable antennae are okay as well.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Nathan England
I believe in the Constitution and the 4th Amendment. I am innocent and have
nothing to hide, but NO agent of the state crosses my threshhold without a
valid warrant signed by a judge and properly submitted. If we fail to
exercise our rights, we lose them.