text-level semantics and the blind?

ChasM Marshall chasm750 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 12:37:07 MST 2011

  I don't yet know enough about HTML 5 to mention any problems.
But specifically, I really do like the inclusion of Math ML.

  The posting trouble I mentioned is generic.
Submitted posts are usually not filtered for any HTML code.
Then, when presented as part of a forum page, the browser
just runs any code it finds.

I've become a proponent for the Separation of Code and Data.
   code, code, code... ; ... data, data, data
But forum sites and e-mail services just don't get it.
I was astounded when I first saw MS Exchange allowing embedded HTML.

  In general, all HTML tags are a poor syntax and a pain to use.
Un-matched pairs and missing of end-tags, give rise to defaults
having unpredictable results.

  ¿Entendemos?

  (-:  Chas.M.  :-)