SMTP proxy for masking credit card numbers

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:40:48 MST 2011

I'm not accusing any one of that in the least. I use Google Check out a
lot.  One take out place I fax in an order. Then I call them with my card
number all the time.

vp

On Jan 27, 2011 3:17 PM, "Shawn Badger" <shawn at badger.pro> wrote:

Sorry, I replied off list unintentionally,. Thanks getting it back on the
list.

Yes, this was post 911. There are many regulations that regulate how
credit card number are handled within a company. But there are some
consumers that don't use the checkout process on the site or have
problems during check out and and just say send me this and here is my
credit card number to charge it to.

I think this is the type of email he is wanting to block. By masking
the credit card number before it hits the main mail server they can
prevent the number form being stored in the archive system and
transmitted across their network. The email will in theory be sent on
to some one that can call the customer back to get the order placed
(and hopefully give a little educational advice at the same time).

Yes, there may be some scammers tring to buy things this way, but for
the most part it is someone that isn't very tech savy that is just
trying to buy something.