EMACS

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Jan 21 22:11:03 MST 2011

I hope your studying of emacs goes well.  I've wandered back and forth
between emacs and emacs and I always keep gravitating back toward emacs.
  I tend to use vim to do quick editing like in .conf files or a quick
tweek to a shell script but any heavy editting like text e-mails and
stuff, it's emacs for sure.  I purely use it in the console environment
though and as a blind person, I use emacspeak with it which enables
emacs to be like self-voicing.  Many of the different elisp applications
in emacs like calendar, vm mailer, gnus news and mail reader, are all
"speech enabled" so they will talk the appropriate information to the
user.  Emacs is like its own little world though.  It has its own unique
keystrokes and its own buffers and all but I do see how xwindows does
share the buffer with emacs as I understand it.  I always have a place
in my heart for good ol' emacs. <smile>