help seeding vinux (Visually Impaired liNUX)

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 06:33:32 MST 2011

That is a huge file... I would lxsplit it at a maximium of 4.2GB each
split or bring them down to cd size at ~555MB splits. The larger a
torrent file is or any for that matter sent over bandwidth encourages
Traffic shaping. If you lose a file it is only one small piece not the
whole file, ie your torrenter dies, or internet connection dies.
Smaller files too ensure that the end users caches are cleared between
each file which could possibly limit corruption issues.  I would
seriously start hitting up the colleges than that support linux with
mirrors.

FWIW lxsplit easily handles files over >4GB.

--
gk
http://gm5729.blogspot.com/