Dist-hopping experimentation time!

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Fri Jan 7 09:45:21 MST 2011

I concur with JD. CentOS for servers, Ubuntu for workstations.

If you haven't jumped into virtualization yet, I would certainly do so.
It will make your dist-hopping experience much more pleasurable. VMware
and Virtualbox are good places to start. Keep an eye on KVM as well.

Andriod is certainly interesting. Don't know if you consider that a
distro or not, but it does run a linux kernel.

Which makes me wonder. Can I run Andriod in a VM? (w/out phone
functionality)

See http://distrowatch.com for distro ideas. Sabayon looks interesting.

--
-Eric 'shubes'