OT: Cygwin - ssh server not allowing port forward

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Thu Jan 6 23:22:53 MST 2011

So I have a windows boxes (Hence why this is OT) using openSSH server
via cygwin. But when I try and do port forwarding to this box I get a
nasty error. Let me be specific

I set up the forward fine
ssh -f user at remote.host -p ssh_listning_port -L
local_forward_port:remote.host:destination_port -N

So that works fine, but when I go to actually use the tunnel I get

channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Operation not permitted

What up?  The server has AllowTcpForwarding yes