HackFest at Gangplankhq.com Tonight! 18:00 - 21:00

ChasM Marshall chasm750 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 22:10:04 MST 2011

Uhhh,

  I think your calendar is running a day slow.
HackFest was scheduled for last night, Wednesday.

http://plug.phoenix.az.us/event

   (-:  Chas.M.  :-)

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 14:48:42 -0700
Subject: HackFest at Gangplankhq.com Tonight! 18:00 - 21:00
From: lisakachold at obnosis.com
To: PLUG-security at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us; plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us

Hey, we are festing over at Gangplankhq.com in Chandler tonight.  18:00 until 21:00 (come for some or all) This is a LAB security event.
Email me if you need a carpool.
http://plug.phoenix.az.us/hacknight

Open HackFest LABs occur the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month in 2011 from 18:00 until 21:00.
All are welcome to come and interact, ask questions, look over our shoulders and learn.
If you plan on being able to develop skills using live CDs, bring a notebook with a CD or pendrive.

GangPlank's location is in Chandler.
250 S Arizona Ave

Chandler, AZ 85225
Gangplank also hosts HackNight on Wednesdays from 6PM until 9PM, which is a collaborative think fest.
If you want to be assured of a seat, and a role or wish to volunteer
to be a team lead, or content support, lab assistant, etc, please be
sure to register via email to lisakachold at obnosis.com.
 You might need to sign a disclaimer indicating that you understand your
 systems might be encroached by joining any shared hackfested network.
Neither PLUG nor gangplank provide any assurance or maintain any myth
that a shared open network is secure.
We will be organizing carpools each month via email to the
PLUG-Security listserver plug-security at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us.  We
carpool currently from North Phoenix 19th Avenue and Thunderbird area to
 Chandler.

Linux Security Team Email List
 is available for members who are involved with PLUG linux security.
This is a medium to low volume list with about 20 email a month.
Participants from InstallFest, EastSide, WestSide and Stammtische
interact also on IRC on Freenode and slashdot.
Links:

Plug Security List

Additional Information if Supported

Gangplank Events Schedule

Gangplank Map
Ethical and legal, as well as liability aspects of reverse
engineering, security testing and security research are covered as we
investigate the strange world of computer insecurity from our powerful
Penguin perspectives.
Hackfests include open member participation hacking,
cracking, exploits and IDS. Hackfest labs are open encroachment events
with designated targets, to include shared network insecurity of the
most extreme style.  Extensive setup and tear down, forensics and IDS
are required by volunteers, however rogue players simply interested in
trying to exploit the many flags built and contributed each month with
Backtrack4 or DVL/Samari or other pentesting/exploit tools are welcome.

Hack test your installations, networks, and program source using Linux Security distro tools.

(Arrangements are happily accepted to coordinate extra credit with local College teachers for lab attendance).
Sony VAIO presentation VMWare system generously provided by Obnosis
Past Presentations:

September's BT4 (Kachold) Presentation

October's 802.11 Wireless BT4 (Kachold) Presentation

November's SSLStrip MP4 (Fields) PresentationA

SSLStrip PPT (Fields) PresentationB

May DesertCodeCamp MetaSploit (Kachold) Metasploit.pdf

MetaSploit.pptx
--

(503) 754-4452
(623) 688-3392