PHP Problem

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Mon Feb 28 12:34:37 MST 2011

The logs do not give any information, only that a child pid has seg faulted.

This is the only file in the directory, and it works on another Fedora 13
system I have. It is only on this one machine that it will not work. It
seems any php I throw at it works, but once a form is submitted it errors
out.

The action should not make a difference, I wouldn't think as I have used
this type of generic form in dozens of places.

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Jason Holtzapple <ml at bitflip.net> wrote:

> On 02/28/2011 11:57 AM, Nathan England wrote:
> > I have a serious problem. I cannot run _anything_ php...
> >
> > I have an LFS system I use for running various test php things. I have
> > done a fresh install of php 5.3.5 and apache 2.2.17. I created an
> > index.php with
> >
> > <?php phpinfo(); ?>
> >
> > and it returns as expected, all looks good. However, when I run the
> > following I get a segmentation fault and I cannot figure this out after
> > 3 days!!!!!
> > This has to be soooo  stupidly simple I am over-looking something. What
> > is wrong?
>
> Is the script that does not work in the same directory as your index.php
> file and does it have a file extension .php ?
>
> What do your web server error logs say?

Nathan England

I believe in the Constitution and the 4th Amendment. I am innocent and have
nothing to hide, but NO agent of the state crosses my threshhold without a
valid warrant signed by a judge and properly submitted. If we fail to
exercise our rights, we lose them.