Security-related question

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 09:17:29 MST 2011

Ummm...it ain't working.  I get:

---
jim at jim-lappy:~$ tcpdump -s 0 -w file.pcap host 127.0.0.1
tcpdump: no suitable device found
jim at jim-lappy:~$
---

So I ran Wireshark and it doesn't see an interface it can use.  I've tried
two different WiFi cards, one a Broadcom and one Ralink I think.  Dangit.  I
think I have an Atheros mini-PCI-express I can bolt into this Dell I'm using
at the moment...will that help?

Jim