ubuntuu laptop or anything else

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 11:16:53 MST 2011

On 02/18/2011 10:53 AM, Michael Havens wrote:
> I just completed a virus scan with avast and it says there is nothing
> there. I don't know if I should believe it though. When I run a scan
> from a website it says there are things on the system and then I need
> to purchase their product to clean it. I don't know if I should
> believe them either. Who should I believe?
Testing and comparisons have not been kind to avast.  It generally
scores extremely low.

For a free AV, I used to recommend AVG and ClamWin, but AVG have also
fell behind lately.  So, I am starting to rethink this.

For a paid Antivirus, I usually recommend Kaspersky and Panda, but I am
starting to look at GData, which has tested extremely well lately.

Looking for an AV to trust?  I would start there.  GData also has a free
trial.  My thought is, if you try it, and it works, and what you have is
free and doesn't, that should tell you something.  Free and doesn't work
is too expensive.

Kevin