Thunderbird Email body includes the attachement

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:28:13 MST 2011

I used to use Thunderbird in XP, now I use it in ubuntu.  I have often
received emails with attached zip files and had no problem with them.  I've
no idea why you might have had the problem but I would look elsewhere.

   - Ask the sender if he really did attach the zip file.
   - Ask him if he attached it using the attachment button or if he dragged
   and dropped it on his email program.
   - Try opening the headers fully (View/Headers/All) and look for clues
   - Turn off View attachments inline (in the View Menu) and try again

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Thunderbird on win xp.  When I get a message with an attachment it is
> always  included in the body of the email.
>
> Today I received an email with two attachments, one was a text file and the
> other a zip file.  I could not open the message.  I assume it has to to do
> with Thunderbird wanting to include the zip in the body of the message.
>
> I've Googled and checked help, as well as poked around Thunderbird to no
> avail.
>
> I am stuck.  Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson