OT: Learning to Spell (HIPPA)

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Feb 10 06:41:41 MST 2011

This situation reminds me of the old school photography developers who
develop some guy's film and comes across a bunch of port pictures.  I
recall movies and news stuff in the past where those pictures can be
used as evidents against him by law enforcement.

Now the question of a computer repair shop coming across this stuff
and a superviser at work finding this stuff on a work station are two
different things.  When I worked at AHCCCS, we took HIPAA seriously
and in addition, the user affirmation statements we had to sign every
year, also included language forbidding the use of state equipment for
personal use and any "inappropriate" material.  So any porn found on a
state computer could easily be grounds for dismissal of the employee.